July 16, 2008

Get more done each day!




In an effort to get more accomplished each day and spend more time with my kids, I have implemented a new time saver in my life..........


TURN OFF THE COMPUTER!!


I know, an earth shattering idea. There are so many mornings (and afternoons) where I try to get things accomplished on my computer (website updates, email returns, photo editing, etc)...and before I know it, 2 hours have gone by! I continually check emails, my Etsy shop, my website....all the while - I could check this 2-3 times per day & see the same thing!


So, I've decided to turn off my laptop from 3-7 p.m. everyday. It is AMAZING how much I can accomplish around the house w/o stopping every 5 minutes to check email. Also, my kids LOVE to have my undivided attention - and they LOVE not having the computer in the middle!


Take a little time each day and TURN IT OFF! You will be amazed at what you can accomplish!

4 comments:

Michelle @ Sew-Krafty said...

OUCH!!!
THANKS.

Mom2fur said...

You're funny, but it is a smart idea. Me...I just alternate. I blogged about it a while back--I check 10 blogs, then I work for X amount of time around the house. In all fairness, I don't have little children to chase around (I mean, care for), so I have plenty of time to blog and read e-mail. I doubt I could have done that when my four were little ones!

Unknown said...

Such a good idea. You really can see all the same info at one time instead of throughout the day. I need to come up with a schedule.

Audra Krell said...

So glad this has been successful for you. It is very encouraging to read things like this - thank you!