July 23, 2008

Easy Game for Tired Moms!


Here is a little tip for Works for Me Wednesday over at Rocks in My Dryer....

A simple and easy game for the tired mom, dad, aunt, uncle, grandmother, grandfather, friend, or babysitter!


A few weeks ago, we were walking out of Cafe Express after dinner, and I heard this mom counting to ten in a loud voice. Before I could see her, I assumed someone was getting in trouble. However, when we rounded the corner, I saw this mother of 4 counting to 10 - timing each child as they ran from one side of the fence to the other. All she had to do was sit & count -- and her kids were LOVING it and getting so tired. A win for everyone before bedtime!

After seeing this simple and genious game, I tried it...and my kids love it. Wherever you are - you can play this game...and kids will come running to join. On the playground, this has happened to me 3 times now where I practically had the whole group of kids running around the slide or sandbox. All the other moms watching love me for entertaining their kids & wearing them out! :)
Enjoy and have fun counting!

7 comments:

Kama said...

Not a bad idea to get in some exercize and help them burn some energy!

Deanna said...

Love this idea and I love your Etsy shop too!

Heart of Wisdom said...

Love this idea....Moms are so smart, don't you think.

robin@heartofwisdom.com
http://www.heartofwisdom.com/heartathome/

Michelle @ Sew-Krafty said...

You think I can get my teenagers to play? ;)
Cute game!

Memarie Lane said...

Sounds good, but my backyard is so small I'd have to limit it to 3. :P

MamaCta! said...

Just the kind of thing I need for my "bag of tricks!" (it was getting a little empty) ;-)

Totallyscrappy said...

Great suggestion!